History of the house "Steinbruch 1":
The history of this house is connected with the "Sudpfanne
of Bad Ischl" (explanation below). Therefore it isn`t surprising
that the first mention of the house can already be found in 1325.
The field name "Pfandl" comes from word "Salzpfanne"
(salt pan), in which brine from a spring was boiled. The possession
of this boiling of salt shared the sovereign of Wildenstein with
the convent of Traunkirchen. In 1350 the boiling of brine was
conveyed. Today`s Gasthof zum Pfandl obtained its licence in 1665.
The house Steinbruch 1 - it has been our address to this day -
belonged to the reign of Wildenstein. Until the 19th century,
a number of owners were registered by name. In 1911 the guest
house came into the possession of Anton Streibl from Gampern,
husband of Julie Unterberger, daughter of the previous owner.
Their son, Franz Streibl, who was married to Christine Seidel
from Altmünster, took over the business in 1950. In 1976,
the guest house was taken over by daughter Christine Streibl,
who was married to Erich Auer. In 1977/78 the new building of
today`s Gasthof zum Pfandl was arranged, which has been in the
possession of Alexander Auer since 1996.